What is Face Lift Surgery?
Face Lift Surgery, also known as rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgical procedure designed to address various factors such as genetic predisposition, the effects of gravity, and the natural aging process, all of which can contribute to the sagging of facial tissues. While a facelift does not halt the aging process, it can effectively provide a rejuvenated appearance that typically lasts for 15 to 20 years. The procedure involves lifting and tightening the skin and underlying muscles of the face and neck, resulting in a more youthful and refreshed look.
Depending on the extent of sagging and the individual’s specific needs, different types of facelift surgeries can be performed. These include partial facelifts, full facelifts, and neck lift surgeries. Each of these options is tailored to target specific areas of concern and can be customized to achieve the desired outcome, helping individuals regain a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
To Whom Is Face Lift Surgery Applied?
It is generally applied to people between the ages of 30-85. But the important factor for facelift is not age. The speed and degree of aging determine the facelift surgery.
Previously, the person should quit smoking 14 days ago if he/she has been using it. If the person does not have a problem by having some tests done before the operation, the date and process of the operation are determined. Before the surgery, the person is told to stop taking blood thinners.
Facelift operation is performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia. The type of anesthesia may vary according to the type of procedure. Facelift procedure should be performed by a specialist physician in hospital conditions. Face lift operation can take 3 to 10 hours depending on the surgical technique and type of operation. In facelift surgery, the incision is made in front of or behind the ear to the hairy area.
Post Face Lift Process
After the facelift operation, the person can be discharged on the same day. However, depending on the type of surgery and the decision of the physician, the person may stay in the hospital for one night. After a facelift, swelling, pain and bruising may occur on the face and surgical area of the person. The pain that occurs is pain that can be controlled with painkillers. Swelling and bruising on the face begin to decrease with the end of the first week. After a few weeks, swelling and bruising completely disappear. The person should wear a neck brace in the first week after surgery.
Face Lift Surgery Prices
The cost of a facelift operation can vary depending on a number of factors. These factors are:
- Area of operation: In large cities, the cost of facelift operations may be higher.
- Type of materials used: Different materials are used in facelift operations and the type of materials used can affect the cost of the operation.
- Doctor’s experience: The cost of facelift operations performed by an experienced physician may be higher than the cost of facelift operations performed by a less experienced physician.
- Type of clinic or hospital: The cost of facelift operations may vary depending on the type of clinic or hospital where the operation is performed.
- Scope of the operation: The scope of facelift operations can affect the cost of the operation. A more extensive operation may be more expensive than a less extensive operation.
The cost of facelift operations varies depending on the factors mentioned above.
If you are considering a facelift operation, you can get the most accurate cost information from your doctor who will perform the operation.